Are you also passionate treasure hunter at the beach? Because we cannot get enough of it: shells, stones, starfish, broken glass, driftwood … Long walks on the beach provide a great wealth of beautiful woods, sparkling polished glass pieces from the sea and well-travelled shells. A little adventure for the home and a dream of next summer seaside takeaway in the trunk. All these things can be arranged to beautiful decorations for the house and the garden, slid onto wire or hanging on lampshades – there are no limits to fantasy. It’s not about perfection. The natural-chic gets its charm by irregularity and a touch of chaos.
Bubbling energy in shells for your home
Bath candies are a great holiday memory. If you want to give collected shells from the beach a new function, then you can recycle them as bath candies.
For 6 pieces you need:
- 30 g of cocoa butter
- 50g citric
- 100 g of soda
- 15g cornflour
- 25 – 30 drops of good extra virgin olive oil
- Rosemary, lavender or other fragrant fresh herbs chopped or cinnamon and vanilla – to give a good and tasty smel
Melt the cocoa butter over low heat in a pot, mix all the other ingredients in a bowl, stir in cocoa butter, fill the mass into beautiful shells – one can also use chocolate or ice forms – and then refrigerate. Later package them in cellophane and decorate with an olive branch. Cooled and kept dry the bath candies can be used up to 3 months. A great holiday gift!
Latest posts by Azra (see all)
- Golf is booming! – the success story - October 24, 2016
- Les Orgues d’Ille-sur-Têt – unique sandstone world! - October 19, 2016
- Cheese in Catalonia – A marvelous world - October 15, 2016